Skip to main content

Pakistan’s Shadab Khan all fired up to become regular all-rounder

Pakistan’s Shadab Khan
Pakistan’s young cricketer Shadab Khan said Sunday he has set his eyes on becoming a regular all-rounder in the national cricket team.

Speaking to media here in the country's southern port city, Shadab said he was working hard on his batting to be able to serve the team in all capacities.

The spinner — who fast-tracked himself to the Pakistan team after a remarkable performance in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2017 — noted: "I have been working hard on my batting as I am to be an all-rounder for the team.

"I am looking forward to do that in next two matches here. I am ready to bat any position, at any number where my team wants me to bat in order."

The cricketer acknowledged his inability to perform to his fans' expectations recently in white-ball cricket but promised that he would do better in the series against Sri Lanka.

“I know that I haven’t done too good recently. But my role is an attacking spinner and cricket has changed recently, so I would be happy even if I go with figures of three for 50 in an ODI,” he said, highlighting that his economy rate in white-ball cricket was not that bad.

“I don’t know how the wicket would be but I hope it will have some support for spinners,” Shadab said, hoping for doing something good in front of home crowd.

He added that the young Sri Lankan team should not be underestimated. “They have something to prove and they’ll give their best.

"I know few of them from my U19 playing days and A team’s tour and I am aware of their strengths. It will be good series with them,” he emphasised.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Army chief assures business community of ‘complete support’ for economic uplift

Chief of Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa on Wednesday assured the business community of the army’s “complete support” for the economic uplift of the country. He made this assurance during a meeting with businessmen who called on him at the General Headquarters today, according to a statement by the military’s media affairs wing. A delegation of the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI) and the army chief discussed the “evolving regional economic environment” as well as the FPCCI’s role in the development of commercial and industrial hubs in Pakistan, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said. During the meeting, Gen Bajwa appreciated the role of the business community in the economic uplift of the country and affirmed all-out support of the army in this regard. The delegation, meanwhile, acknowledged the Pakistan Army’s role and sacrifices in the provision of a "secure enabling environment" for economic prosperity in the country, acco...

3rd U-19 Women T20: South Africa beat Pakistan by 52 runs

In the third T20 of the five-match series in Karachi, South Africa Under-19 women's team defeated Pakistan Under-19 women's team by 52 runs tonight. Batting first, South Africa Under-19 women's team scored 158 runs for the loss of six wickets in allotted 20 overs. In reply, Pakistan Under-19 women's team were all out for 106 runs in 18 overs. South Africa lead the series 2-1.

Military court case: SC rejects govt plea for constitution of full court bench

The Supreme Court of Pakistan has rejected a government plea to constitute a full court bench to decide the issue of civilian trials in military courts. The government had urged the court to set up a full court on the question. The was heard by a six-member larger bench headed by Chief Justice Umar Ata Bandial, which reserved its judgment on Tuesday. The bench ruled that judges were not available for the constitution of full court bench due to summer vacations. The bench includes Justice Ijazul Ahsan, Justice Muneeb Akhtar, Justice Yahya Afridi, Justice Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi and Justice Ayesha Malik. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court remarked during the hearing yesterday (on Tuesday) that there should be an independent body to review whether the arrests were made on valid grounds or not. The attorney general of Pakistan submitted the details of 102 people who face military trials to the court. Justice Mazahir Naqvi said in his remarks why other accused in the same case ...