Skip to main content

Trump claims Tariffs Made America Richest and Strongest Ever

US President Donald Trump
US President Donald Trump has claimed that tariffs and foreign investment are bringing trillions of dollars into the United States and have made the country the wealthiest and most powerful in its history.

In a statement on Truth Social, Trump reiterated his long-standing assertion that his tariff policies prevented between five and eight wars.

He said the stock market reached an all-time high for the 48th time in the past nine months, which he described as proof of the American economy’s strength.

Trump maintained that rising tariff revenues and foreign investment have significantly boosted national wealth and global influence.

On November 20, 2025, he claimed that he personally prevented a nuclear conflict between India and Pakistan by threatening both nations with massive trade penalties.

His remarks come months after Pakistan shot down seven Indian warplanes, including three Rafale aircraft, in May 2025.

Speaking at the Saudi Investment Conference in Washington, Trump said he warned New Delhi and Islamabad of crippling economic repercussions during a period of heightened tensions.

“You know, India, Pakistan, they were going to go at it with nuclear weapons. I said, that’s okay, but I’m putting a 350 percent tariff on each country, no more trade with the United States,” Trump said.

He added, “Come back to me and I’ll take it down, but I’m not going to have you guys shooting nuclear weapons at each other, killing millions, and having nuclear dust floating over Los Angeles.”

“They said, we don’t like that. I said, I don’t care if you like it or not," Trump said. “So I was all set. I told a 350 percent tariff to settle that war. If you, if you don’t, we’ll make a nice trade deal," he added.

“Now, no other president would have done that. Another guy would have, like Joe Biden doesn’t even know what countries we’re talking about. He wouldn’t have any idea. There’d be no tariffs on anything. Just the whole world would go to hell," Trump said.

“But no, I use tariffs to settle all these, not all of them. Five of the eight wars were settled because of the economy, because of trade, because of tariffs.

I’ll tell you what the Prime Minister of Pakistan (Shehbaz Sharif) called me," Trump said, further quoting him, “Thank you very much."

“He actually said, I saved millions. And he said in front of Susie, he said President Trump saved millions and millions of lives."

“And I got a call from Prime Minister Modi saying, we’re done. I said, you’re done with what? ‘We’re not going to go to war’. I said, Thank you very much. Let’s make a deal," Trump claimed.

“But I saved a lot of people, millions of people, on many other wars," he added.

Though India has consistently denied any third-party intervention, Pakistan has praised Trump on multiple occasions, claiming that he brokered the ceasefire during the May conflict.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Army chief assures business community of ‘complete support’ for economic uplift

Chief of Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa on Wednesday assured the business community of the army’s “complete support” for the economic uplift of the country. He made this assurance during a meeting with businessmen who called on him at the General Headquarters today, according to a statement by the military’s media affairs wing. A delegation of the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI) and the army chief discussed the “evolving regional economic environment” as well as the FPCCI’s role in the development of commercial and industrial hubs in Pakistan, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said. During the meeting, Gen Bajwa appreciated the role of the business community in the economic uplift of the country and affirmed all-out support of the army in this regard. The delegation, meanwhile, acknowledged the Pakistan Army’s role and sacrifices in the provision of a "secure enabling environment" for economic prosperity in the country, acco...

3rd U-19 Women T20: South Africa beat Pakistan by 52 runs

In the third T20 of the five-match series in Karachi, South Africa Under-19 women's team defeated Pakistan Under-19 women's team by 52 runs tonight. Batting first, South Africa Under-19 women's team scored 158 runs for the loss of six wickets in allotted 20 overs. In reply, Pakistan Under-19 women's team were all out for 106 runs in 18 overs. South Africa lead the series 2-1.

Military court case: SC rejects govt plea for constitution of full court bench

The Supreme Court of Pakistan has rejected a government plea to constitute a full court bench to decide the issue of civilian trials in military courts. The government had urged the court to set up a full court on the question. The was heard by a six-member larger bench headed by Chief Justice Umar Ata Bandial, which reserved its judgment on Tuesday. The bench ruled that judges were not available for the constitution of full court bench due to summer vacations. The bench includes Justice Ijazul Ahsan, Justice Muneeb Akhtar, Justice Yahya Afridi, Justice Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi and Justice Ayesha Malik. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court remarked during the hearing yesterday (on Tuesday) that there should be an independent body to review whether the arrests were made on valid grounds or not. The attorney general of Pakistan submitted the details of 102 people who face military trials to the court. Justice Mazahir Naqvi said in his remarks why other accused in the same case ...